Thursday, December 1, 2011

Day 1. (otherwise known as "I can't believe I'm doing this")

Call it an avoidance behavior. Call it caving. Call it an early New Year's resolution of sorts. Call it crazy.
Whatever the case, I'm doing it. One of those writing prompts through every day of the month kind of thing. December is probably one of the worst months to try and do this, since I'll be everywhere in the state of Indiana (more or less) with Christmas break and what have you, but I'm doing it. Why? Who knows. I had quite a few friends do this through the month of November, and since I'm only about a month behind, better now then never....I think. (Ps, here's my prompt, so you know I'm not making these things up.)
Day 1: What was the first tangible gift you remember receiving?
The first? Hm. Excellent question. The more I sit here and think about it, the more I want to say this gem:


 The 1993 original edition, complete with a few add-on sets.It was a Christmas gift, and I remember wanting it more than anything else in existence.I would have been about 4 when it came out, but I don't think I got it until I was at least 5 or 6. I also remember finding it in my sister's closet about a month before Christmas that year, and confessing after I opened it that I knew it was coming. Not much has changed.

This toy remains one of my favorite childhood toys, and as soon as I live in a place that I actually have more than a closet to put therapy/toy/therapy toys in, you better believe it's coming to live with me. Minivan and all.

There, day 1, done. That wasn't so bad.



1 comment:

  1. This is therapy in the making. Instead of paying someone to find out that all that is wrong with you is that you snuck around and found an early Christmas present. Sandy

    ReplyDelete