Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 7

Some of my answers to these questions are becoming pretty boring. Does that mean I'm boring?! Maybe I should start making up some of my answers to make it a little more interesting. Maybe not. I'm not sure I could be that creative. I digress.

What was the strangest thing that ever made your gift wish list?

My Christmas list, as you may or may not have read earlier, is pretty standard usually. Clothes, something practical,movies, music, books, house-ish things. This year has to be the most unique, and few of these made even my own mother say "Are you sure?!". I think it has to do a lot with the fact that this is at the very tip-top of my list:

mhmm, you read that right. Ages 1-5. 

Aside from a new to-go coffee cup, everything I've asked for this year is either a toy or a game. I'm 22...I haven't asked for toys for Christmas in a LONG time. It's so much fun.
 It's one of the great things I love about speech therapy....we don't have specific toys that are strictly for speech (although there are some awesome companies who make toys that get done exactly what you need). We can take just about any toy and make it work for us.
The clinic here has a lot of toys, but I like having my own for a few reasons. If it's mine, I can guess a little better who's germs have been on it. Also, I know all the pieces (ideally) will be where I need them to be there when I need them to be there, and also so I'll have them with me wherever I go once I'm finished here soon.
Some other things I would l-o-v-e to add to my ridiculously growing collection of child's play things:

I'm obsessed with this. Velcro food that you can cut apart with a wooden knife on a cutting board. yes.


any and all children's books. I'm obsessed with using books/themes in therapy as much as possible.

Don't worry about gift wrapping them....just send them my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment