Sunday, December 4, 2011

Day 4

Sorry, neighbors. All I wanted was a bowl of soup.
It was actually going really well (although I remain terrible at sautee-ing onions.) until I went to add the bacon. Now I'm a huge fan of microwaveable bacon. But it's only 5 seconds per piece that you make, not 30.I made 5 pieces. So it sat in the microwave for 4:30 and not 25 seconds. Let's just say math is not my strong suit, and every candle in my apartment is lit, because burnt bacon/paper towel smells awful. (And so may the entry way to my apt. building. Sorry again, everyone else.)
So once I made sure my microwave did not blow up (although the longer I think about it, the more I realize that it very well could have) I ended up with this
http://www.midwestliving.com/recipe/soups/bacon-and-baked-potato-soup/
Bacon and Baked Potato Soup
Easy easy easy. I left out the celery and green onion, mainly because I didn't have any on hand. It still tasted delicious. I also learned from this experience that I like thyme. Who knew.

So now I sit writing final clinic  reports, well, and this (my last Monday class at 8am is tomorrow morning for a whole year. I could weep with excitement), my Christmas tree lit (and lots of candles still), and a warm blanket. I'm content :)

No comments:

Post a Comment