Saturday, February 11, 2012

This is what you get after a long absence...

Well, here it is....the middle (almost) of February. And I have done nothing but an awful job of blogging. So to the 3 of you who read this, I'm sorry. I'd give you the excuse that I'm a grad student and this past month has been a complete whirlwind, however, while that is true, I feel like it's an easy answer. So do with it what you will.
So, here's a quick recap of the past month or so of my life:
-I've been making lots of fun therapy things like this gem made from a Pringle's can
 I sincerely apologize for the awful quality of this photo


And behavior charts and picture schedules like these
I wish I could take credit for the Superman coloring book page on my fridge (in the to left corner) but I can't. It was a gift from my favorite 3 year old, and is proudly displayed.


Legging-ed knee, how did you sneak into this photo?

This is what I do on Friday nights. Sit around and drink tea/coffee, watch Netflix (or Hulu all the shows I don't have time to watch during the week) and turn my living room into a wonderful mess of foam, scissors, scrap paper, hot glue, double stick tape, and lamination. And I love it.

On the same note, school is in full swing and I'm finding myself spending 7-10 hours in the basement of the same building on a daily basis, clinic or not. I have 3 sweet kiddos who give me wonderful reasons to craft and have avoidance behaviors that come in the form of putting too much effort into those crafts to no end. My heart is so happy.

-I've been obsessed with my Switchfoot station on Pandora .Moreso, this album in particular. (Ok, well these couple. Maybe I'm just years behind everyone else....but my music tastes switch a lot. I'll listen to nothing but showtunes for a month solid, and then something else will come up and will be played incessantly for a long time. Good thing I live by myself...)
   
okay, so this one doesn't match, but this is my blog! I put what I want!


-I've been cooking a lot, which is great because it means I'm eating real food, but I think I'll save that for a post of its own.

-If there's one thing I don't have, it's time to read anything that's not a SOAP note, test protocol, or an anatomy picture reference book, but this little gem is on its way to my house, and should come on Valentine's day( presents from myself still count as presents, right?), and I think I'm pretty excited.
I'd like to think that I'll tear through it and give you an insightful, deep review....but I can't make any promises.

-This has recently graced my refrigerator and morning coffee with it's presence, and it makes life just a little more bearable. (Yes, I saw a commercial and yes, it immediately made my grocery list. So what I'm a sucker for marketing and things that taste like ice cream?!)

it's even special enough to take a hipster-looking picture of.

1 comment:

  1. Rachel,

    I love reading your blog posts! And yes, being in grad school is a legitimate excuse for not blogging - I also do a poor job of updating my blog! Updates are great and fun to write whenever we get the time! Thanks for sharing your journey through grad school...it's quite a ride, isn't it???

    ~ Reese

    ReplyDelete